Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Negativity NOT welcome :)

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."

This quote has gotten me through so much this year! 

I could keep dwelling on what I saw, what I've been through, or the pain that I've had to deal with...but what good will come of that? 

Instead I continue to focus on the GOOD, the POSITIVE! It won't make up for what I've lost, nothing will, but it keeps me in check! 

From as young as I can remember, I wanted to be a Mommy and a Wife. I have always found great joy in taking care of others, and knew there was no greater gift than having children and a family. So instead of being sad about those that choose not to be a part of this joy in my life, I'm instead happy and thankful for those that ARE in my life. 

I could also dwell on my Crohn's Disease and the difficulties that come along with having an auto-immune disease, or I could be thankful for being alive. 

It is not in my nature to be negative, or to succumb to depression, so when I'm not my normal happy "annoyingly optimistic  self, I feel like someone has taken over my body. It's so unsettling. This is when I turn my focus to the GOOD, the POSITIVE. Soon, I am back to being ME.

I have overcome so much this year, and it only gives me more motivation to keep on going. If I can get through what I have, there is NOTHING that can bring me down. I am stronger than ever, and learning to love life to the fullest again.

"
YOU can choose your thoughts the same way you choose what clothes you wear every day. This is a power you CAN cultivate. If you want to control things in your life, work on your mind!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment