Monday, March 26, 2012

GREAT day

If I could go back in time and talk to myself days, weeks, or even months after my Father decided to take his own life, I know I wouldn't believe that a great day is even possible. Not when all I could think about was that day. Not when I was sure that life was out to get me. How could a good day, let alone  a great day happen when I found my Daddy after he shot himself? I would laugh at myself and think I was crazy.

Yet here I am, having not a bad day, not a good day, but a great day!

My guest blog for Second Firsts was posted this morning and I have been receiving really wonderful feedback all day. My blog has received over 300 views today alone. It has been such a humbling experience knowing my story is out there for so many people to see. I feel so driven to share my journey with others in hopes of changing and saving lives.

In addition, my Son came home today with his report card full of excelling marks, and a letter informing us that he is receiving another Academic Award this Wednesday.

Good?

Nah....


GREAT!!!


So for those of you reading that are back where I was, believing a great day isn't possible, it is! You can overcome your grief, you can experience happy times again, and you can consider that my promise to you. Hold on to this promise, because someday when that great day happens...I hope to be able to tell you "I told you so!"


No comments:

Post a Comment