Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stamps

In life there are moments that we will never forget, dates that will forever be immortalized within us. These dates are reminders of where we have been and sometimes even what we have overcome.

Some dates are bitter-sweet reminders, some take us back to some of our happiest moments.

I like to consider these dates as stamps in our life passport.

I started thinking of some of my happiest stamps:

June 25, 2005, after 36 hours of labor, 5 hours of pushing, my 9lb 8oz baby boy was born. The moment they laid him on my chest was the happiest moment of my life. I sobbed and sobbed tears of pure and immense joy. I couldn't stop looking at him, touching him, admiring every single inch of his chunky body. He was PERFECT! 


March 25, 2006, I put on my dream Wedding gown, walked down the isle with my Father on my arm, and Married my soul mate. It was a beautiful day full of so much love.

June 20, 2007, after 13 hours of labor and 15 minutes of pushing, my 7lb 11oz baby girl was born. My toe-headed princess was finally here! Being the youngest and only girl for her Daddy, she was such a welcomed blessing to our family.

March 28, 2011, we got the keys to our first home. After searching and searching for the perfect floor plan, we found the one. The home we would raise our kids in, the home we would grow old in.


Sadly, all of my date stamps can't be happy memories, and I will forever be reminded of the worst stamp in my life passport.

January 19, 2011, the day I found my Daddy after he took his own life.

Although, I cannot erase this entry, I can and do now consider it something I have overcome. This date, this stamp, didn't and will not keep me from adding as many happy stamps as I can.

I look forward to the lifetime of happy stamps that are in my future! You should too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment