Monday, July 16, 2012

Lessons Learned

I am not perfect. I make mistakes. These two statements are two things I know to always be true.

I am not perfect, and I've made mistakes, plenty of them, but I have grown to learn from them. That is why I am thankful for the bad things that happen. It is because of the bad things, the hard times, the struggles that make the good times so much sweeter.

Take for instance finding my Father after he shot himself. This has been the struggle that has shaped the person I am today. Also, my struggles with depression, with fair weathered friends, and my health. All things that have shown me that if it wasn't for the bad, the good wouldn't be as GREAT!!

I am at a point in my life where I can breath again. Where I see things clearly and where I am actually happy. I no longer dwell on things that are out of my control. The serenity prayer is something I recite to myself often these days. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference"
I can change the people I CHOOSE to have in my life, I can change the attitude I take to the negative in life, but I cannot change the fact that I have an incurable auto immune disease, or the fact that my Daddy is gone. So why let the negative win? I have control over that, and it's become such a liberating experience.

Todd is loving his new position on the Managerial Team, a very well deserved promotion! I couldn't be prouder of him! Our relationship seems to grow stronger and stronger by the day, and I am so very thankful to have such a loving and helpful partner in life.

I have been really enjoying having both of the kids home for the summer. We've had play dates, and special outings, along with early morning trips to the park. We do movie days, crafts, build forts and anything else our imaginations come up with. I am so extremely blessed to have such incredible children.

As far as me, I am working on a new blog that will highlight my love for interior design. I am signed up to volunteer at the kids school as well as a local food shelter. I have found some really incredible local friends who share my passion for creativity and some whom have had similar life struggles. I have mended broken relationships, and have become grateful for those in our lives that continue to lift us up and support us through thick and thin. I enjoy being more social and attending get togethers often and hanging out with such wonderful women.

I am so looking forward to the future! The past is gone, the future is what I hold hope for! All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment