Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Company We Keep

When you grow up, you start to learn valuable lessons regarding trust and the company you keep.

If you surround yourself with bitter, selfish, negative people, you will soon feed off of their energy, and it will bring you down.

If you choose to only surround yourself with others who raise you up and keep you on the right spiritual path, you will feed off of the positivity and find yourself becoming a better you.

This can be difficult among women whom are naturally competitive and well....hormonal. I see it every day, women feeling the need to buy a bigger better something to feel superior, or flaunt a title, or brag about what school their child attends, or how much they just spent on this and that. It's sad. But true. Who really cares?

Why not lift each other up? Lend a hand with no expectations.  Help your fellow sista out! There is no competition. No race to win or golden statue to display proudly on your mantel.

I have made the choice to surround myself with only people whom share this sisterly connection.  Friends who give without anticipating something in return. Friend's who value their families and husbands but don't compare or compete. Most importantly,  friends who don't talk about me or blab to everyone who will listen about their "friends" personal secrets. These are the people that need to stop assuming their always right, look in the mirror and see the ugliness they are spreading.

I think it comes with maturity, and with life experience. But, I am certain that the company I choose to keep now is those who share my non-competitive, drama free ideology.

 I am in competition with no one, I run my own race, I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone, in any way, shape, or form. I just aim to improve, to be better than I was before. That's me and I'm free. 

Be free with me won't you :) Help instead of hurt, love instead of hate, peace instead of war. It's your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment